Subject: CVE-2024-26760: scsi: target: pscsi: Fix bio_put() for error case

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

scsi: target: pscsi: Fix bio_put() for error case

As of commit 066ff571011d ("block: turn bio_kmalloc into a simple kmalloc
wrapper"), a bio allocated by bio_kmalloc() must be freed by bio_uninit()
and kfree(). That is not done properly for the error case, hitting WARN and
NULL pointer dereference in bio_free().

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26760 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.19 with commit 066ff571011d and fixed in 6.1.80 with commit f49b20fd0134
	Issue introduced in 5.19 with commit 066ff571011d and fixed in 6.6.19 with commit 4ebc079f0c7d
	Issue introduced in 5.19 with commit 066ff571011d and fixed in 6.7.7 with commit 1cfe9489fb56
	Issue introduced in 5.19 with commit 066ff571011d and fixed in 6.8 with commit de959094eb21

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26760
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/target/target_core_pscsi.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f49b20fd0134da84a6bd8108f9e73c077b7d6231
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4ebc079f0c7dcda1270843ab0f38ab4edb8f7921
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1cfe9489fb563e9a0c9cdc5ca68257a44428c2ec
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/de959094eb2197636f7c803af0943cb9d3b35804