Subject: CVE-2024-26736: afs: Increase buffer size in afs_update_volume_status()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

afs: Increase buffer size in afs_update_volume_status()

The max length of volume->vid value is 20 characters.
So increase idbuf[] size up to 24 to avoid overflow.

Found by Linux Verification Center (linuxtesting.org) with SVACE.

[DH: Actually, it's 20 + NUL, so increase it to 24 and use snprintf()]

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26736 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.15 with commit d2ddc776a458 and fixed in 5.4.270 with commit 5c27d85a69fa
	Issue introduced in 4.15 with commit d2ddc776a458 and fixed in 5.10.211 with commit d9b5e2b7a819
	Issue introduced in 4.15 with commit d2ddc776a458 and fixed in 5.15.150 with commit e56662160fc2
	Issue introduced in 4.15 with commit d2ddc776a458 and fixed in 6.1.80 with commit e8530b170e46
	Issue introduced in 4.15 with commit d2ddc776a458 and fixed in 6.6.19 with commit 6e6065dd25b6
	Issue introduced in 4.15 with commit d2ddc776a458 and fixed in 6.7.7 with commit d34a5e57632b
	Issue introduced in 4.15 with commit d2ddc776a458 and fixed in 6.8 with commit 6ea38e2aeb72

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26736
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/afs/volume.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5c27d85a69fa16a08813ba37ddfb4bbc9a1ed6b5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d9b5e2b7a8196850383c70d099bfd39e81ab6637
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e56662160fc24d28cb75ac095cc6415ae1bda43e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e8530b170e464017203e3b8c6c49af6e916aece1
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6e6065dd25b661420fac19c34282b6c626fcd35e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d34a5e57632bb5ff825196ddd9a48ca403626dfa
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6ea38e2aeb72349cad50e38899b0ba6fbcb2af3d