Subject: CVE-2024-26734: devlink: fix possible use-after-free and memory leaks in devlink_init()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

devlink: fix possible use-after-free and memory leaks in devlink_init()

The pernet operations structure for the subsystem must be registered
before registering the generic netlink family.

Make an unregister in case of unsuccessful registration.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26734 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit 687125b5799c and fixed in 6.6.19 with commit 919092bd5482
	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit 687125b5799c and fixed in 6.7.7 with commit e91d3561e28d
	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit 687125b5799c and fixed in 6.8 with commit def689fc26b9

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26734
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/devlink/core.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/919092bd5482b7070ae66d1daef73b600738f3a2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e91d3561e28d7665f4f837880501dc8755f635a9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/def689fc26b9a9622d2e2cb0c4933dd3b1c8071c