Subject: CVE-2024-26730: hwmon: (nct6775) Fix access to temperature configuration registers

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

hwmon: (nct6775) Fix access to temperature configuration registers

The number of temperature configuration registers does
not always match the total number of temperature registers.
This can result in access errors reported if KASAN is enabled.

BUG: KASAN: global-out-of-bounds in nct6775_probe+0x5654/0x6fe9 nct6775_core

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26730 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit b7f1f7b2523a and fixed in 6.6.19 with commit f006c45a3ea4
	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit b7f1f7b2523a and fixed in 6.7.7 with commit c196387820c9
	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit b7f1f7b2523a and fixed in 6.8 with commit d56e460e19ea

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26730
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/hwmon/nct6775-core.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f006c45a3ea424f8f6c8e4b9283bc245ce2a4d0f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c196387820c9214c5ceaff56d77303c82514b8b1
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d56e460e19ea8382f813eb489730248ec8d7eb73