Subject: CVE-2024-26729: drm/amd/display: Fix potential null pointer dereference in dc_dmub_srv

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/display: Fix potential null pointer dereference in dc_dmub_srv

Fixes potential null pointer dereference warnings in the
dc_dmub_srv_cmd_list_queue_execute() and dc_dmub_srv_is_hw_pwr_up()
functions.

In both functions, the 'dc_dmub_srv' variable was being dereferenced
before it was checked for null. This could lead to a null pointer
dereference if 'dc_dmub_srv' is null. The fix is to check if
'dc_dmub_srv' is null before dereferencing it.

Thus moving the null checks for 'dc_dmub_srv' to the beginning of the
functions to ensure that 'dc_dmub_srv' is not null when it is
dereferenced.

Found by smatch & thus fixing the below:
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../display/dc/dc_dmub_srv.c:133 dc_dmub_srv_cmd_list_queue_execute() warn: variable dereferenced before check 'dc_dmub_srv' (see line 128)
drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../display/dc/dc_dmub_srv.c:1167 dc_dmub_srv_is_hw_pwr_up() warn: variable dereferenced before check 'dc_dmub_srv' (see line 1164)

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26729 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit 028bac583449 and fixed in 6.7.7 with commit 351080ba3414
	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit 028bac583449 and fixed in 6.8 with commit d2b48f340d9e

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26729
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dc_dmub_srv.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/351080ba3414c96afff0f1338b4aeb2983195b80
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d2b48f340d9e4a8fbeb1cdc84cd8da6ad143a907