Subject: CVE-2024-26719: nouveau: offload fence uevents work to workqueue

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

nouveau: offload fence uevents work to workqueue

This should break the deadlock between the fctx lock and the irq lock.

This offloads the processing off the work from the irq into a workqueue.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26719 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.6.18 with commit cc0037fa592d
	Fixed in 6.7.6 with commit 985d053f7633
	Fixed in 6.8 with commit 39126abc5e20

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26719
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/nouveau/nouveau_fence.c
	drivers/gpu/drm/nouveau/nouveau_fence.h

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/cc0037fa592d56e4abb9c7d1c52c4d2dc25cd906
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/985d053f7633d8b539ab1531738d538efac678a9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/39126abc5e20611579602f03b66627d7cd1422f0