Subject: CVE-2024-26713: powerpc/pseries/iommu: Fix iommu initialisation during DLPAR add

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

powerpc/pseries/iommu: Fix iommu initialisation during DLPAR add

When a PCI device is dynamically added, the kernel oopses with a NULL
pointer dereference:

  BUG: Kernel NULL pointer dereference on read at 0x00000030
  Faulting instruction address: 0xc0000000006bbe5c
  Oops: Kernel access of bad area, sig: 11 [#1]
  LE PAGE_SIZE=64K MMU=Radix SMP NR_CPUS=2048 NUMA pSeries
  Modules linked in: rpadlpar_io rpaphp rpcsec_gss_krb5 auth_rpcgss nfsv4 dns_resolver nfs lockd grace fscache netfs xsk_diag bonding nft_compat nf_tables nfnetlink rfkill binfmt_misc dm_multipath rpcrdma sunrpc rdma_ucm ib_srpt ib_isert iscsi_target_mod target_core_mod ib_umad ib_iser libiscsi scsi_transport_iscsi ib_ipoib rdma_cm iw_cm ib_cm mlx5_ib ib_uverbs ib_core pseries_rng drm drm_panel_orientation_quirks xfs libcrc32c mlx5_core mlxfw sd_mod t10_pi sg tls ibmvscsi ibmveth scsi_transport_srp vmx_crypto pseries_wdt psample dm_mirror dm_region_hash dm_log dm_mod fuse
  CPU: 17 PID: 2685 Comm: drmgr Not tainted 6.7.0-203405+ #66
  Hardware name: IBM,9080-HEX POWER10 (raw) 0x800200 0xf000006 of:IBM,FW1060.00 (NH1060_008) hv:phyp pSeries
  NIP:  c0000000006bbe5c LR: c000000000a13e68 CTR: c0000000000579f8
  REGS: c00000009924f240 TRAP: 0300   Not tainted  (6.7.0-203405+)
  MSR:  8000000000009033 <SF,EE,ME,IR,DR,RI,LE>  CR: 24002220  XER: 20040006
  CFAR: c000000000a13e64 DAR: 0000000000000030 DSISR: 40000000 IRQMASK: 0
  ...
  NIP sysfs_add_link_to_group+0x34/0x94
  LR  iommu_device_link+0x5c/0x118
  Call Trace:
   iommu_init_device+0x26c/0x318 (unreliable)
   iommu_device_link+0x5c/0x118
   iommu_init_device+0xa8/0x318
   iommu_probe_device+0xc0/0x134
   iommu_bus_notifier+0x44/0x104
   notifier_call_chain+0xb8/0x19c
   blocking_notifier_call_chain+0x64/0x98
   bus_notify+0x50/0x7c
   device_add+0x640/0x918
   pci_device_add+0x23c/0x298
   of_create_pci_dev+0x400/0x884
   of_scan_pci_dev+0x124/0x1b0
   __of_scan_bus+0x78/0x18c
   pcibios_scan_phb+0x2a4/0x3b0
   init_phb_dynamic+0xb8/0x110
   dlpar_add_slot+0x170/0x3b8 [rpadlpar_io]
   add_slot_store.part.0+0xb4/0x130 [rpadlpar_io]
   kobj_attr_store+0x2c/0x48
   sysfs_kf_write+0x64/0x78
   kernfs_fop_write_iter+0x1b0/0x290
   vfs_write+0x350/0x4a0
   ksys_write+0x84/0x140
   system_call_exception+0x124/0x330
   system_call_vectored_common+0x15c/0x2ec

Commit a940904443e4 ("powerpc/iommu: Add iommu_ops to report capabilities
and allow blocking domains") broke DLPAR add of PCI devices.

The above added iommu_device structure to pci_controller. During
system boot, PCI devices are discovered and this newly added iommu_device
structure is initialized by a call to iommu_device_register().

During DLPAR add of a PCI device, a new pci_controller structure is
allocated but there are no calls made to iommu_device_register()
interface.

Fix is to register the iommu device during DLPAR add as well.

[mpe: Trim oops and tweak some change log wording]

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26713 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit a940904443e4 and fixed in 6.6.18 with commit 9978d5b744e0
	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit a940904443e4 and fixed in 6.7.6 with commit d4f762d6403f
	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit a940904443e4 and fixed in 6.8 with commit ed8b94f6e0ac

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26713
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	arch/powerpc/include/asm/ppc-pci.h
	arch/powerpc/kernel/iommu.c
	arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/pci_dlpar.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9978d5b744e0227afe19e3bcb4c5f75442dde753
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d4f762d6403f7419de90d7749fa83dd92ffb0e1d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ed8b94f6e0acd652ce69bd69d678a0c769172df8