Subject: CVE-2024-26694: wifi: iwlwifi: fix double-free bug

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

wifi: iwlwifi: fix double-free bug

The storage for the TLV PC register data wasn't done like all
the other storage in the drv->fw area, which is cleared at the
end of deallocation. Therefore, the freeing must also be done
differently, explicitly NULL'ing it out after the free, since
otherwise there's a nasty double-free bug here if a file fails
to load after this has been parsed, and we get another free
later (e.g. because no other file exists.) Fix that by adding
the missing NULL assignment.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26694 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit 5e31b3df86ec and fixed in 6.6.18 with commit ab9d4bb9a189
	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit 5e31b3df86ec and fixed in 6.7.6 with commit d24eb9a27bea
	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit 5e31b3df86ec and fixed in 6.8 with commit 353d321f63f7

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26694
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/wireless/intel/iwlwifi/iwl-drv.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ab9d4bb9a1892439b3123fc52b19e32b9cdf80ad
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d24eb9a27bea8fe5237fa71be274391d9d51eff2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/353d321f63f7dbfc9ef58498cc732c9fe886a596