Subject: CVE-2024-26693: wifi: iwlwifi: mvm: fix a crash when we run out of stations

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

wifi: iwlwifi: mvm: fix a crash when we run out of stations

A DoS tool that injects loads of authentication frames made our AP
crash. The iwl_mvm_is_dup() function couldn't find the per-queue
dup_data which was not allocated.

The root cause for that is that we ran out of stations in the firmware
and we didn't really add the station to the firmware, yet we didn't
return an error to mac80211.
Mac80211 was thinking that we have the station and because of that,
sta_info::uploaded was set to 1. This allowed
ieee80211_find_sta_by_ifaddr() to return a valid station object, but
that ieee80211_sta didn't have any iwl_mvm_sta object initialized and
that caused the crash mentioned earlier when we got Rx on that station.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26693 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit 57974a55d995 and fixed in 6.6.18 with commit 00f4eb31b819
	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit 57974a55d995 and fixed in 6.7.6 with commit c12f0f4d4caf
	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit 57974a55d995 and fixed in 6.8 with commit b7198383ef2d

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26693
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/wireless/intel/iwlwifi/mvm/mac80211.c
	drivers/net/wireless/intel/iwlwifi/mvm/rxmq.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/00f4eb31b8193f6070ce24df636883f9c104ca95
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c12f0f4d4caf23b1bfdc2602b6b70d56bdcd6aa7
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b7198383ef2debe748118996f627452281cf27d7