Subject: CVE-2024-26691: KVM: arm64: Fix circular locking dependency

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

KVM: arm64: Fix circular locking dependency

The rule inside kvm enforces that the vcpu->mutex is taken *inside*
kvm->lock. The rule is violated by the pkvm_create_hyp_vm() which acquires
the kvm->lock while already holding the vcpu->mutex lock from
kvm_vcpu_ioctl(). Avoid the circular locking dependency altogether by
protecting the hyp vm handle with the config_lock, much like we already
do for other forms of VM-scoped data.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26691 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.6.18 with commit 3d16cebf0112
	Fixed in 6.7.6 with commit 3ab1c40a1e91
	Fixed in 6.8 with commit 10c02aad111d

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26691
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	arch/arm64/kvm/pkvm.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3d16cebf01127f459dcfeb79ed77bd68b124c228
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3ab1c40a1e915e350d9181a4603af393141970cc
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/10c02aad111df02088d1a81792a709f6a7eca6cc