Subject: CVE-2024-26684: net: stmmac: xgmac: fix handling of DPP safety error for DMA channels

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

net: stmmac: xgmac: fix handling of DPP safety error for DMA channels

Commit 56e58d6c8a56 ("net: stmmac: Implement Safety Features in
XGMAC core") checks and reports safety errors, but leaves the
Data Path Parity Errors for each channel in DMA unhandled at all, lead to
a storm of interrupt.
Fix it by checking and clearing the DMA_DPP_Interrupt_Status register.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26684 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit 56e58d6c8a56 and fixed in 5.4.269 with commit e9837c83befb
	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit 56e58d6c8a56 and fixed in 5.10.210 with commit 2fc45a4631ac
	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit 56e58d6c8a56 and fixed in 5.15.149 with commit 6609e98ed829
	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit 56e58d6c8a56 and fixed in 6.1.78 with commit e42ff0844fe4
	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit 56e58d6c8a56 and fixed in 6.6.17 with commit 7e0ff50131e9
	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit 56e58d6c8a56 and fixed in 6.7.5 with commit 3b48c9e258c8
	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit 56e58d6c8a56 and fixed in 6.8 with commit 46eba193d04f

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26684
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/common.h
	drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwxgmac2.h
	drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwxgmac2_core.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e9837c83befb5b852fa76425dde98a87b737df00
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2fc45a4631ac7837a5c497cb4f7e2115d950fc37
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6609e98ed82966a1b3168c142aca30f8284a7b89
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e42ff0844fe418c7d03a14f9f90e1b91ba119591
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7e0ff50131e9d1aa507be8e670d38e9300a5f5bf
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3b48c9e258c8691c2f093ee07b1ea3764caaa1b2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/46eba193d04f8bd717e525eb4110f3c46c12aec3