Subject: CVE-2024-26679: inet: read sk->sk_family once in inet_recv_error()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

inet: read sk->sk_family once in inet_recv_error()

inet_recv_error() is called without holding the socket lock.

IPv6 socket could mutate to IPv4 with IPV6_ADDRFORM
socket option and trigger a KCSAN warning.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26679 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 3.18 with commit f4713a3dfad0 and fixed in 4.19.307 with commit caa064c3c239
	Issue introduced in 3.18 with commit f4713a3dfad0 and fixed in 5.4.269 with commit 5993f121fbc0
	Issue introduced in 3.18 with commit f4713a3dfad0 and fixed in 5.10.210 with commit 88081ba41522
	Issue introduced in 3.18 with commit f4713a3dfad0 and fixed in 5.15.149 with commit 3266e638ba5c
	Issue introduced in 3.18 with commit f4713a3dfad0 and fixed in 6.1.78 with commit 54538752216b
	Issue introduced in 3.18 with commit f4713a3dfad0 and fixed in 6.6.17 with commit 4a5e31bdd3c1
	Issue introduced in 3.18 with commit f4713a3dfad0 and fixed in 6.7.5 with commit 307fa8a75ab7
	Issue introduced in 3.18 with commit f4713a3dfad0 and fixed in 6.8 with commit eef00a82c568
	Issue introduced in 3.17.7 with commit 433337f9c00c

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26679
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/ipv4/af_inet.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/caa064c3c2394d03e289ebd6b0be5102eb8a5b40
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5993f121fbc01dc2d734f0ff2628009b258fb1dd
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/88081ba415224cf413101def4343d660f56d082b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3266e638ba5cc1165f5e6989eb8c0720f1cc4b41
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/54538752216bf89ee88d47ad07802063a498c299
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4a5e31bdd3c1702b520506d9cf8c41085f75c7f2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/307fa8a75ab7423fa5c73573ec3d192de5027830
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/eef00a82c568944f113f2de738156ac591bbd5cd