Subject: CVE-2024-26677: rxrpc: Fix delayed ACKs to not set the reference serial number

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

rxrpc: Fix delayed ACKs to not set the reference serial number

Fix the construction of delayed ACKs to not set the reference serial number
as they can't be used as an RTT reference.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26677 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 2.6.22 with commit 17926a79320a and fixed in 6.6.17 with commit 200cb50b9e15
	Issue introduced in 2.6.22 with commit 17926a79320a and fixed in 6.7.5 with commit 63719f490e6a
	Issue introduced in 2.6.22 with commit 17926a79320a and fixed in 6.8 with commit e7870cf13d20

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26677
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/rxrpc/ar-internal.h
	net/rxrpc/call_event.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/200cb50b9e154434470c8969d32474d38475acc2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/63719f490e6a89896e9a463d2b45e8203eab23ae
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e7870cf13d20f56bfc19f9c3e89707c69cf104ef