Subject: CVE-2024-26668: netfilter: nft_limit: reject configurations that cause integer overflow

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

netfilter: nft_limit: reject configurations that cause integer overflow

Reject bogus configs where internal token counter wraps around.
This only occurs with very very large requests, such as 17gbyte/s.

Its better to reject this rather than having incorrect ratelimit.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26668 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.3 with commit d2168e849ebf and fixed in 5.15.149 with commit 79d4efd75e7d
	Issue introduced in 4.3 with commit d2168e849ebf and fixed in 6.1.76 with commit bc6e242bb74e
	Issue introduced in 4.3 with commit d2168e849ebf and fixed in 6.6.15 with commit 9882495d02ec
	Issue introduced in 4.3 with commit d2168e849ebf and fixed in 6.7.3 with commit 00c2c29aa36d
	Issue introduced in 4.3 with commit d2168e849ebf and fixed in 6.8 with commit c9d9eb9c53d3

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26668
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/netfilter/nft_limit.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/79d4efd75e7dbecd855a3b8a63e65f7265f466e1
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/bc6e242bb74e2ae616bfd2b250682b738e781c9b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9882495d02ecc490604f747437a40626dc9160d0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/00c2c29aa36d1d1827c51a3720e9f893a22c7c6a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c9d9eb9c53d37cdebbad56b91e40baf42d5a97aa