Subject: CVE-2024-26661: drm/amd/display: Add NULL test for 'timing generator' in 'dcn21_set_pipe()'

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/display: Add NULL test for 'timing generator' in 'dcn21_set_pipe()'

In "u32 otg_inst = pipe_ctx->stream_res.tg->inst;"
pipe_ctx->stream_res.tg could be NULL, it is relying on the caller to
ensure the tg is not NULL.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26661 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.9 with commit 474ac4a875ca and fixed in 6.6.17 with commit 3f3c237a7065
	Issue introduced in 5.9 with commit 474ac4a875ca and fixed in 6.7.5 with commit 39f24c08363a
	Issue introduced in 5.9 with commit 474ac4a875ca and fixed in 6.8 with commit 66951d98d9bf

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26661
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/hwss/dcn21/dcn21_hwseq.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3f3c237a706580326d3b7a1b97697e5031ca4667
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/39f24c08363af1cd945abad84e3c87fd3e3c845a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/66951d98d9bf45ba25acf37fe0747253fafdf298