Subject: CVE-2024-26659: xhci: handle isoc Babble and Buffer Overrun events properly

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

xhci: handle isoc Babble and Buffer Overrun events properly

xHCI 4.9 explicitly forbids assuming that the xHC has released its
ownership of a multi-TRB TD when it reports an error on one of the
early TRBs. Yet the driver makes such assumption and releases the TD,
allowing the remaining TRBs to be freed or overwritten by new TDs.

The xHC should also report completion of the final TRB due to its IOC
flag being set by us, regardless of prior errors. This event cannot
be recognized if the TD has already been freed earlier, resulting in
"Transfer event TRB DMA ptr not part of current TD" error message.

Fix this by reusing the logic for processing isoc Transaction Errors.
This also handles hosts which fail to report the final completion.

Fix transfer length reporting on Babble errors. They may be caused by
device malfunction, no guarantee that the buffer has been filled.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26659 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.10.213 with commit 696e4112e5c1
	Fixed in 5.15.152 with commit 2aa7bcfdbb46
	Fixed in 6.1.82 with commit 2e3ec80ea7ba
	Fixed in 6.6.17 with commit f5e7ffa9269a
	Fixed in 6.7.5 with commit 418456c0ce56
	Fixed in 6.8 with commit 7c4650ded49e

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26659
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/usb/host/xhci-ring.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/696e4112e5c1ee61996198f0ebb6ca3fab55166e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2aa7bcfdbb46241c701811bbc0d64d7884e3346c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2e3ec80ea7ba58bbb210e83b5a0afefee7c171d3
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f5e7ffa9269a448a720e21f1ed1384d118298c97
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/418456c0ce56209610523f21734c5612ee634134
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7c4650ded49e5b88929ecbbb631efb8b0838e811