Subject: CVE-2024-26655: Fix memory leak in posix_clock_open()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

Fix memory leak in posix_clock_open()

If the clk ops.open() function returns an error, we don't release the
pccontext we allocated for this clock.

Re-organize the code slightly to make it all more obvious.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26655 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit 60c6946675fc and fixed in 6.7.12 with commit a88649b49523
	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit 60c6946675fc and fixed in 6.8.3 with commit 0200dd7ed233
	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit 60c6946675fc and fixed in 6.9 with commit 5b4cdd9c5676

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26655
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	kernel/time/posix-clock.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a88649b49523e8cbe95254440d803e38c19d2341
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0200dd7ed2335469955d7e69cc1a6fa7df1f3847
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5b4cdd9c5676559b8a7c944ac5269b914b8c0bb8