Subject: CVE-2024-26653: usb: misc: ljca: Fix double free in error handling path

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

usb: misc: ljca: Fix double free in error handling path

When auxiliary_device_add() returns error and then calls
auxiliary_device_uninit(), callback function ljca_auxdev_release
calls kfree(auxdev->dev.platform_data) to free the parameter data
of the function ljca_new_client_device. The callers of
ljca_new_client_device shouldn't call kfree() again
in the error handling path to free the platform data.

Fix this by cleaning up the redundant kfree() in all callers and
adding kfree() the passed in platform_data on errors which happen
before auxiliary_device_init() succeeds .

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26653 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit acd6199f195d and fixed in 6.7.12 with commit 420babea4f18
	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit acd6199f195d and fixed in 6.8.3 with commit 8a9f653cc852
	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit acd6199f195d and fixed in 6.9 with commit 7c9631969287

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26653
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/usb/misc/usb-ljca.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/420babea4f1881a7c4ea22a8e218b8c6895d3f21
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8a9f653cc852677003c23ee8075e3ed8fb4743c9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7c9631969287a5366bc8e39cd5abff154b35fb80