Subject: CVE-2024-26652: net: pds_core: Fix possible double free in error handling path

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

net: pds_core: Fix possible double free in error handling path

When auxiliary_device_add() returns error and then calls
auxiliary_device_uninit(), Callback function pdsc_auxbus_dev_release
calls kfree(padev) to free memory. We shouldn't call kfree(padev)
again in the error handling path.

Fix this by cleaning up the redundant kfree() and putting
the error handling back to where the errors happened.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26652 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit 4569cce43bc6 and fixed in 6.6.22 with commit 995f802abff2
	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit 4569cce43bc6 and fixed in 6.7.10 with commit ffda0e962f27
	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit 4569cce43bc6 and fixed in 6.8 with commit ba18deddd6d5

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26652
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/amd/pds_core/auxbus.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/995f802abff209514ac2ee03b96224237646cec3
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ffda0e962f270b3ec937660afd15b685263232d3
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ba18deddd6d502da71fd6b6143c53042271b82bd