Subject: CVE-2024-26649: drm/amdgpu: Fix the null pointer when load rlc firmware

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amdgpu: Fix the null pointer when load rlc firmware

If the RLC firmware is invalid because of wrong header size,
the pointer to the rlc firmware is released in function
amdgpu_ucode_request. There will be a null pointer error
in subsequent use. So skip validation to fix it.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26649 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit 3da9b71563cb and fixed in 6.6.15 with commit 8b5bacce2d13
	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit 3da9b71563cb and fixed in 6.7.3 with commit d3887448486c
	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit 3da9b71563cb and fixed in 6.8 with commit bc03c02cc199

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26649
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/gfx_v10_0.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8b5bacce2d13dbe648f0bfd3f738ecce8db4978c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d3887448486caeef9687fb5dfebd4ff91e0f25aa
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/bc03c02cc1991a066b23e69bbcc0f66e8f1f7453