Subject: CVE-2024-26638: nbd: always initialize struct msghdr completely

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

nbd: always initialize struct msghdr completely

syzbot complains that msg->msg_get_inq value can be uninitialized [1]

struct msghdr got many new fields recently, we should always make
sure their values is zero by default.

[1]
 BUG: KMSAN: uninit-value in tcp_recvmsg+0x686/0xac0 net/ipv4/tcp.c:2571
  tcp_recvmsg+0x686/0xac0 net/ipv4/tcp.c:2571
  inet_recvmsg+0x131/0x580 net/ipv4/af_inet.c:879
  sock_recvmsg_nosec net/socket.c:1044 [inline]
  sock_recvmsg+0x12b/0x1e0 net/socket.c:1066
  __sock_xmit+0x236/0x5c0 drivers/block/nbd.c:538
  nbd_read_reply drivers/block/nbd.c:732 [inline]
  recv_work+0x262/0x3100 drivers/block/nbd.c:863
  process_one_work kernel/workqueue.c:2627 [inline]
  process_scheduled_works+0x104e/0x1e70 kernel/workqueue.c:2700
  worker_thread+0xf45/0x1490 kernel/workqueue.c:2781
  kthread+0x3ed/0x540 kernel/kthread.c:388
  ret_from_fork+0x66/0x80 arch/x86/kernel/process.c:147
  ret_from_fork_asm+0x11/0x20 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:242

Local variable msg created at:
  __sock_xmit+0x4c/0x5c0 drivers/block/nbd.c:513
  nbd_read_reply drivers/block/nbd.c:732 [inline]
  recv_work+0x262/0x3100 drivers/block/nbd.c:863

CPU: 1 PID: 7465 Comm: kworker/u5:1 Not tainted 6.7.0-rc7-syzkaller-00041-gf016f7547aee #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 11/17/2023
Workqueue: nbd5-recv recv_work

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26638 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.19 with commit f94fd25cb0aa and fixed in 6.1.76 with commit d9c54763e5cd
	Issue introduced in 5.19 with commit f94fd25cb0aa and fixed in 6.6.15 with commit 1960f2b534da
	Issue introduced in 5.19 with commit f94fd25cb0aa and fixed in 6.7.3 with commit b0028f333420
	Issue introduced in 5.19 with commit f94fd25cb0aa and fixed in 6.8 with commit 78fbb92af27d

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26638
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/block/nbd.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d9c54763e5cdbbd3f81868597fe8aca3c96e6387
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1960f2b534da1e6c65fb96f9e98bda773495f406
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b0028f333420a65a53a63978522db680b37379dd
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/78fbb92af27d0982634116c7a31065f24d092826