Subject: CVE-2024-26637: wifi: ath11k: rely on mac80211 debugfs handling for vif

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

wifi: ath11k: rely on mac80211 debugfs handling for vif

mac80211 started to delete debugfs entries in certain cases, causing a
ath11k to crash when it tried to delete the entries later. Fix this by
relying on mac80211 to delete the entries when appropriate and adding
them from the vif_add_debugfs handler.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26637 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit 0a3d898ee9a8 and fixed in 6.7.3 with commit aa74ce30a8a4
	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit 0a3d898ee9a8 and fixed in 6.8 with commit 556857aa1d08

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26637
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath11k/core.h
	drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath11k/debugfs.c
	drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath11k/debugfs.h
	drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath11k/mac.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/aa74ce30a8a40d19a4256de4ae5322e71344a274
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/556857aa1d0855aba02b1c63bc52b91ec63fc2cc