Subject: CVE-2024-26611: xsk: fix usage of multi-buffer BPF helpers for ZC XDP

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

xsk: fix usage of multi-buffer BPF helpers for ZC XDP

Currently when packet is shrunk via bpf_xdp_adjust_tail() and memory
type is set to MEM_TYPE_XSK_BUFF_POOL, null ptr dereference happens:

[1136314.192256] BUG: kernel NULL pointer dereference, address:
0000000000000034
[1136314.203943] #PF: supervisor read access in kernel mode
[1136314.213768] #PF: error_code(0x0000) - not-present page
[1136314.223550] PGD 0 P4D 0
[1136314.230684] Oops: 0000 [#1] PREEMPT SMP NOPTI
[1136314.239621] CPU: 8 PID: 54203 Comm: xdpsock Not tainted 6.6.0+ #257
[1136314.250469] Hardware name: Intel Corporation S2600WFT/S2600WFT,
BIOS SE5C620.86B.02.01.0008.031920191559 03/19/2019
[1136314.265615] RIP: 0010:__xdp_return+0x6c/0x210
[1136314.274653] Code: ad 00 48 8b 47 08 49 89 f8 a8 01 0f 85 9b 01 00 00 0f 1f 44 00 00 f0 41 ff 48 34 75 32 4c 89 c7 e9 79 cd 80 ff 83 fe 03 75 17 <f6> 41 34 01 0f 85 02 01 00 00 48 89 cf e9 22 cc 1e 00 e9 3d d2 86
[1136314.302907] RSP: 0018:ffffc900089f8db0 EFLAGS: 00010246
[1136314.312967] RAX: ffffc9003168aed0 RBX: ffff8881c3300000 RCX:
0000000000000000
[1136314.324953] RDX: 0000000000000000 RSI: 0000000000000003 RDI:
ffffc9003168c000
[1136314.336929] RBP: 0000000000000ae0 R08: 0000000000000002 R09:
0000000000010000
[1136314.348844] R10: ffffc9000e495000 R11: 0000000000000040 R12:
0000000000000001
[1136314.360706] R13: 0000000000000524 R14: ffffc9003168aec0 R15:
0000000000000001
[1136314.373298] FS:  00007f8df8bbcb80(0000) GS:ffff8897e0e00000(0000)
knlGS:0000000000000000
[1136314.386105] CS:  0010 DS: 0000 ES: 0000 CR0: 0000000080050033
[1136314.396532] CR2: 0000000000000034 CR3: 00000001aa912002 CR4:
00000000007706f0
[1136314.408377] DR0: 0000000000000000 DR1: 0000000000000000 DR2:
0000000000000000
[1136314.420173] DR3: 0000000000000000 DR6: 00000000fffe0ff0 DR7:
0000000000000400
[1136314.431890] PKRU: 55555554
[1136314.439143] Call Trace:
[1136314.446058]  <IRQ>
[1136314.452465]  ? __die+0x20/0x70
[1136314.459881]  ? page_fault_oops+0x15b/0x440
[1136314.468305]  ? exc_page_fault+0x6a/0x150
[1136314.476491]  ? asm_exc_page_fault+0x22/0x30
[1136314.484927]  ? __xdp_return+0x6c/0x210
[1136314.492863]  bpf_xdp_adjust_tail+0x155/0x1d0
[1136314.501269]  bpf_prog_ccc47ae29d3b6570_xdp_sock_prog+0x15/0x60
[1136314.511263]  ice_clean_rx_irq_zc+0x206/0xc60 [ice]
[1136314.520222]  ? ice_xmit_zc+0x6e/0x150 [ice]
[1136314.528506]  ice_napi_poll+0x467/0x670 [ice]
[1136314.536858]  ? ttwu_do_activate.constprop.0+0x8f/0x1a0
[1136314.546010]  __napi_poll+0x29/0x1b0
[1136314.553462]  net_rx_action+0x133/0x270
[1136314.561619]  __do_softirq+0xbe/0x28e
[1136314.569303]  do_softirq+0x3f/0x60

This comes from __xdp_return() call with xdp_buff argument passed as
NULL which is supposed to be consumed by xsk_buff_free() call.

To address this properly, in ZC case, a node that represents the frag
being removed has to be pulled out of xskb_list. Introduce
appropriate xsk helpers to do such node operation and use them
accordingly within bpf_xdp_adjust_tail().

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26611 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit 24ea50127ecf and fixed in 6.6.15 with commit 82ee4781b820
	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit 24ea50127ecf and fixed in 6.7.3 with commit 5cd781f7216f
	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit 24ea50127ecf and fixed in 6.8 with commit c5114710c8ce

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26611
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	include/net/xdp_sock_drv.h
	net/core/filter.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/82ee4781b8200e44669a354140d5c6bd966b8768
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5cd781f7216f980207af09c5e0e1bb1eda284540
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c5114710c8ce86b8317e9b448f4fd15c711c2a82