Subject: CVE-2024-26593: i2c: i801: Fix block process call transactions

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

i2c: i801: Fix block process call transactions

According to the Intel datasheets, software must reset the block
buffer index twice for block process call transactions: once before
writing the outgoing data to the buffer, and once again before
reading the incoming data from the buffer.

The driver is currently missing the second reset, causing the wrong
portion of the block buffer to be read.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26593 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.3 with commit 315cd67c9453 and fixed in 5.4.269 with commit d074d5ff5ae7
	Issue introduced in 5.3 with commit 315cd67c9453 and fixed in 5.10.210 with commit 7a14b8a477b8
	Issue introduced in 5.3 with commit 315cd67c9453 and fixed in 5.15.149 with commit 1f8d0691c505
	Issue introduced in 5.3 with commit 315cd67c9453 and fixed in 6.1.79 with commit 491528935c9c
	Issue introduced in 5.3 with commit 315cd67c9453 and fixed in 6.6.18 with commit 6be99c51829b
	Issue introduced in 5.3 with commit 315cd67c9453 and fixed in 6.7.6 with commit 609c7c1cc976
	Issue introduced in 5.3 with commit 315cd67c9453 and fixed in 6.8 with commit c1c9d0f6f7f1

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26593
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/i2c/busses/i2c-i801.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d074d5ff5ae77b18300e5079c6bda6342a4d44b7
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7a14b8a477b88607d157c24aeb23e7389ec3319f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1f8d0691c50581ba6043f009ec9e8b9f78f09d5a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/491528935c9c48bf341d8b40eabc6c4fc5df6f2c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6be99c51829b24c914cef5bff6164877178e84d9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/609c7c1cc976e740d0fed4dbeec688b3ecb5dce2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c1c9d0f6f7f1dbf29db996bd8e166242843a5f21