Subject: CVE-2024-26589: bpf: Reject variable offset alu on PTR_TO_FLOW_KEYS

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

bpf: Reject variable offset alu on PTR_TO_FLOW_KEYS

For PTR_TO_FLOW_KEYS, check_flow_keys_access() only uses fixed off
for validation. However, variable offset ptr alu is not prohibited
for this ptr kind. So the variable offset is not checked.

The following prog is accepted:

  func#0 @0
  0: R1=ctx() R10=fp0
  0: (bf) r6 = r1                       ; R1=ctx() R6_w=ctx()
  1: (79) r7 = *(u64 *)(r6 +144)        ; R6_w=ctx() R7_w=flow_keys()
  2: (b7) r8 = 1024                     ; R8_w=1024
  3: (37) r8 /= 1                       ; R8_w=scalar()
  4: (57) r8 &= 1024                    ; R8_w=scalar(smin=smin32=0,
  smax=umax=smax32=umax32=1024,var_off=(0x0; 0x400))
  5: (0f) r7 += r8
  mark_precise: frame0: last_idx 5 first_idx 0 subseq_idx -1
  mark_precise: frame0: regs=r8 stack= before 4: (57) r8 &= 1024
  mark_precise: frame0: regs=r8 stack= before 3: (37) r8 /= 1
  mark_precise: frame0: regs=r8 stack= before 2: (b7) r8 = 1024
  6: R7_w=flow_keys(smin=smin32=0,smax=umax=smax32=umax32=1024,var_off
  =(0x0; 0x400)) R8_w=scalar(smin=smin32=0,smax=umax=smax32=umax32=1024,
  var_off=(0x0; 0x400))
  6: (79) r0 = *(u64 *)(r7 +0)          ; R0_w=scalar()
  7: (95) exit

This prog loads flow_keys to r7, and adds the variable offset r8
to r7, and finally causes out-of-bounds access:

  BUG: unable to handle page fault for address: ffffc90014c80038
  [...]
  Call Trace:
   <TASK>
   bpf_dispatcher_nop_func include/linux/bpf.h:1231 [inline]
   __bpf_prog_run include/linux/filter.h:651 [inline]
   bpf_prog_run include/linux/filter.h:658 [inline]
   bpf_prog_run_pin_on_cpu include/linux/filter.h:675 [inline]
   bpf_flow_dissect+0x15f/0x350 net/core/flow_dissector.c:991
   bpf_prog_test_run_flow_dissector+0x39d/0x620 net/bpf/test_run.c:1359
   bpf_prog_test_run kernel/bpf/syscall.c:4107 [inline]
   __sys_bpf+0xf8f/0x4560 kernel/bpf/syscall.c:5475
   __do_sys_bpf kernel/bpf/syscall.c:5561 [inline]
   __se_sys_bpf kernel/bpf/syscall.c:5559 [inline]
   __x64_sys_bpf+0x73/0xb0 kernel/bpf/syscall.c:5559
   do_syscall_x64 arch/x86/entry/common.c:52 [inline]
   do_syscall_64+0x3f/0x110 arch/x86/entry/common.c:83
   entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x63/0x6b

Fix this by rejecting ptr alu with variable offset on flow_keys.
Applying the patch rejects the program with "R7 pointer arithmetic
on flow_keys prohibited".

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-26589 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.20 with commit d58e468b1112 and fixed in 5.15.148 with commit 29ffa63f21bc
	Issue introduced in 4.20 with commit d58e468b1112 and fixed in 6.1.75 with commit 4108b86e324d
	Issue introduced in 4.20 with commit d58e468b1112 and fixed in 6.6.14 with commit e8d3872b617c
	Issue introduced in 4.20 with commit d58e468b1112 and fixed in 6.7.2 with commit 1b500d5d6cec
	Issue introduced in 4.20 with commit d58e468b1112 and fixed in 6.8 with commit 22c7fa171a02

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-26589
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	kernel/bpf/verifier.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/29ffa63f21bcdcef3e36b03cccf9d0cd031f6ab0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4108b86e324da42f7ed425bd71632fd844300dc8
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e8d3872b617c21100c5ee4f64e513997a68c2e3d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1b500d5d6cecf98dd6ca88bc9e7ae1783c83e6d3
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/22c7fa171a02d310e3a3f6ed46a698ca8a0060ed