Subject: CVE-2023-52918: media: pci: cx23885: check cx23885_vdev_init() return

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

media: pci: cx23885: check cx23885_vdev_init() return

cx23885_vdev_init() can return a NULL pointer, but that pointer
is used in the next line without a check.

Add a NULL pointer check and go to the error unwind if it is NULL.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52918 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 4.19.321 with commit 8e31b096e2e1
	Fixed in 5.4.283 with commit 199a42fc4c45
	Fixed in 5.10.225 with commit e7385510e255
	Fixed in 5.15.166 with commit a5f1d30c51c4
	Fixed in 6.1.107 with commit 06ee04a907d6
	Fixed in 6.6.48 with commit b1397fb4a779
	Fixed in 6.9 with commit 15126b916e39

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52918
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/media/pci/cx23885/cx23885-video.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8e31b096e2e1949bc8f0be019c9ae70d414404c6
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/199a42fc4c45e8b7f19efeb15dbc36889a599ac2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e7385510e2550a9f8b6f3d5f33c5b894ab9ba976
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a5f1d30c51c485cec7a7de60205667c3ff86c303
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/06ee04a907d64ee3910fecedd05d7f1be4b1b70e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b1397fb4a779fca560c43d2acf6702d41b4a495b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/15126b916e39b0cb67026b0af3c014bfeb1f76b3