Subject: CVE-2023-52917: ntb: intel: Fix the NULL vs IS_ERR() bug for debugfs_create_dir()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ntb: intel: Fix the NULL vs IS_ERR() bug for debugfs_create_dir()

The debugfs_create_dir() function returns error pointers.
It never returns NULL. So use IS_ERR() to check it.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52917 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.2 with commit e26a5843f7f5 and fixed in 5.10.227 with commit ef7e34237e26
	Issue introduced in 4.2 with commit e26a5843f7f5 and fixed in 5.15.168 with commit a429158f2e0a
	Issue introduced in 4.2 with commit e26a5843f7f5 and fixed in 6.1.113 with commit 7cbd6d7fb9ba
	Issue introduced in 4.2 with commit e26a5843f7f5 and fixed in 6.6.54 with commit 16e5bed6c188
	Issue introduced in 4.2 with commit e26a5843f7f5 and fixed in 6.10.13 with commit b66bf833e72a
	Issue introduced in 4.2 with commit e26a5843f7f5 and fixed in 6.11.2 with commit babba8595d1e
	Issue introduced in 4.2 with commit e26a5843f7f5 and fixed in 6.12-rc1 with commit e229897d373a

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52917
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/ntb/hw/intel/ntb_hw_gen1.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ef7e34237e2612b116a84c9640628a6f7a0d693e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a429158f2e0a7a03eb67fd5e204e1f6735c725aa
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7cbd6d7fb9ba2be03978809c848e2e50eaeead2c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/16e5bed6c1883b19f9fcbdff996aa3381954d5f3
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b66bf833e72a1e23d7ccafc0f8f74e80f8c357b5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/babba8595d1e5d57313a6187f3e51aceacc6881a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e229897d373a87ee09ec5cc4ecd4bb2f895fc16b