Subject: CVE-2023-52916: media: aspeed: Fix memory overwrite if timing is 1600x900

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

media: aspeed: Fix memory overwrite if timing is 1600x900

When capturing 1600x900, system could crash when system memory usage is
tight.

The way to reproduce this issue:
1. Use 1600x900 to display on host
2. Mount ISO through 'Virtual media' on OpenBMC's web
3. Run script as below on host to do sha continuously
  #!/bin/bash
  while [ [1] ];
  do
	find /media -type f -printf '"%h/%f"\n' | xargs sha256sum
  done
4. Open KVM on OpenBMC's web

The size of macro block captured is 8x8. Therefore, we should make sure
the height of src-buf is 8 aligned to fix this issue.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52916 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.6 with commit c281355068bc

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52916
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/media/platform/aspeed/aspeed-video.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c281355068bc258fd619c5aefd978595bede7bfe