Subject: CVE-2023-52914: io_uring/poll: add hash if ready poll request can't complete inline

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

io_uring/poll: add hash if ready poll request can't complete inline

If we don't, then we may lose access to it completely, leading to a
request leak. This will eventually stall the ring exit process as
well.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52914 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.0 with commit 49f1c68e048f and fixed in 6.1.7 with commit 4ad6c0635416
	Issue introduced in 6.0 with commit 49f1c68e048f and fixed in 6.2 with commit febb985c06cb

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52914
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	io_uring/poll.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4ad6c063541665c407d17e1faf2fe4f04e947dcc
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/febb985c06cb6f5fac63598c0bffd4fd823d110d