Subject: CVE-2023-52905: octeontx2-pf: Fix resource leakage in VF driver unbind

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

octeontx2-pf: Fix resource leakage in VF driver unbind

resources allocated like mcam entries to support the Ntuple feature
and hash tables for the tc feature are not getting freed in driver
unbind. This patch fixes the issue.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52905 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit 2da489432747 and fixed in 6.1.7 with commit c8ca0ad10df0
	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit 2da489432747 and fixed in 6.2 with commit 53da7aec3298

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52905
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/marvell/octeontx2/nic/otx2_vf.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c8ca0ad10df08ea36bcac1288062d567d22604c9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/53da7aec32982f5ee775b69dce06d63992ce4af3