Subject: CVE-2023-52902: nommu: fix memory leak in do_mmap() error path

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

nommu: fix memory leak in do_mmap() error path

The preallocation of the maple tree nodes may leak if the error path to
"error_just_free" is taken.  Fix this by moving the freeing of the maple
tree nodes to a shared location for all error paths.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52902 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.1 with commit 8220543df148 and fixed in 6.1.8 with commit 1442d51026c5
	Issue introduced in 6.1 with commit 8220543df148 and fixed in 6.2 with commit 7f31cced5724

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52902
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	mm/nommu.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1442d51026c58e7c11dd5f9b19650632a48676d4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7f31cced5724e6d414fe750aa1cd7e7b578ec22f