Subject: CVE-2023-52882: clk: sunxi-ng: h6: Reparent CPUX during PLL CPUX rate change

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

clk: sunxi-ng: h6: Reparent CPUX during PLL CPUX rate change

While PLL CPUX clock rate change when CPU is running from it works in
vast majority of cases, now and then it causes instability. This leads
to system crashes and other undefined behaviour. After a lot of testing
(30+ hours) while also doing a lot of frequency switches, we can't
observe any instability issues anymore when doing reparenting to stable
clock like 24 MHz oscillator.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52882 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.17 with commit 524353ea480b and fixed in 5.4.276 with commit fe11826ffa20
	Issue introduced in 4.17 with commit 524353ea480b and fixed in 5.10.217 with commit bfc78b462849
	Issue introduced in 4.17 with commit 524353ea480b and fixed in 5.15.159 with commit f1fa9a981620
	Issue introduced in 4.17 with commit 524353ea480b and fixed in 6.1.91 with commit 70f64cb29014
	Issue introduced in 4.17 with commit 524353ea480b and fixed in 6.6.31 with commit 0b82eb134d29
	Issue introduced in 4.17 with commit 524353ea480b and fixed in 6.8.10 with commit 9708e5081cfc
	Issue introduced in 4.17 with commit 524353ea480b and fixed in 6.9 with commit 7e91ed763dc0

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52882
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/clk/sunxi-ng/ccu-sun50i-h6.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/fe11826ffa200e1a7a826e745163cb2f47875f66
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/bfc78b4628497eb6df09a6b5bba9dd31616ee175
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f1fa9a9816204ac4b118b2e613d3a7c981355019
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/70f64cb29014e4c4f1fabd3265feebd80590d069
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0b82eb134d2942ecc669e2ab2be3f0a58d79428a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9708e5081cfc4f085690294163389bcf82655f90
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7e91ed763dc07437777bd012af7a2bd4493731ff