Subject: CVE-2023-52878: can: dev: can_put_echo_skb(): don't crash kernel if can_priv::echo_skb is accessed out of bounds

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

can: dev: can_put_echo_skb(): don't crash kernel if can_priv::echo_skb is accessed out of bounds

If the "struct can_priv::echoo_skb" is accessed out of bounds, this
would cause a kernel crash. Instead, issue a meaningful warning
message and return with an error.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52878 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 2.6.33 with commit a6e4bc530403 and fixed in 5.15.139 with commit 826120c9ba68
	Issue introduced in 2.6.33 with commit a6e4bc530403 and fixed in 6.1.63 with commit 0d30931f1fa0
	Issue introduced in 2.6.33 with commit a6e4bc530403 and fixed in 6.5.12 with commit 53c468008a7c
	Issue introduced in 2.6.33 with commit a6e4bc530403 and fixed in 6.6.2 with commit 8ab67da06015
	Issue introduced in 2.6.33 with commit a6e4bc530403 and fixed in 6.7 with commit 6411959c10fe

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52878
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/can/dev/skb.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/826120c9ba68f2d0dbae58e99013929c883d1444
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0d30931f1fa0fb893fb7d5dc32b6b7edfb775be4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/53c468008a7c9ca3f5fc985951f35ec2acae85bc
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8ab67da060157362b2e0926692c659808784708f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6411959c10fe917288cbb1038886999148560057