Subject: CVE-2023-52873: clk: mediatek: clk-mt6779: Add check for mtk_alloc_clk_data

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

clk: mediatek: clk-mt6779: Add check for mtk_alloc_clk_data

Add the check for the return value of mtk_alloc_clk_data() in order to
avoid NULL pointer dereference.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52873 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit 710774e04861 and fixed in 5.4.261 with commit fbe466f06d4e
	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit 710774e04861 and fixed in 5.10.201 with commit 3994387ba356
	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit 710774e04861 and fixed in 5.15.139 with commit ca6d565a2319
	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit 710774e04861 and fixed in 6.1.63 with commit df1c4a9efa3f
	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit 710774e04861 and fixed in 6.5.12 with commit a90239551abc
	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit 710774e04861 and fixed in 6.6.2 with commit f6a7c51cf07a
	Issue introduced in 5.4 with commit 710774e04861 and fixed in 6.7 with commit 1f57f78fbacf

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52873
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/clk/mediatek/clk-mt6779.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/fbe466f06d4ea18745da0d57540539b7b36936ae
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3994387ba3564976731179c4d4a6d7850ddda71a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ca6d565a2319d69d9766e6ecbb5af827fc4afb2b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/df1c4a9efa3f5b6fb5e0ae63890230dbe2190b7e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a90239551abc181687f8c0ba60b276f7d75c141e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f6a7c51cf07a399ec067d39f0a22f1817c5c7d2b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1f57f78fbacf630430bf954e5a84caafdfea30c0