Subject: CVE-2023-52867: drm/radeon: possible buffer overflow

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/radeon: possible buffer overflow

Buffer 'afmt_status' of size 6 could overflow, since index 'afmt_idx' is
checked after access.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52867 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.13 with commit 5cc4e5fc293b and fixed in 4.14.330 with commit 112d4b02d94b
	Issue introduced in 4.13 with commit 5cc4e5fc293b and fixed in 4.19.299 with commit caaa74541459
	Issue introduced in 4.13 with commit 5cc4e5fc293b and fixed in 5.4.261 with commit ddc42881f170
	Issue introduced in 4.13 with commit 5cc4e5fc293b and fixed in 5.10.201 with commit 7b063c93bece
	Issue introduced in 4.13 with commit 5cc4e5fc293b and fixed in 5.15.139 with commit 347f025a02b3
	Issue introduced in 4.13 with commit 5cc4e5fc293b and fixed in 6.1.63 with commit 341e79f8aec6
	Issue introduced in 4.13 with commit 5cc4e5fc293b and fixed in 6.5.12 with commit d9b4fa249dea
	Issue introduced in 4.13 with commit 5cc4e5fc293b and fixed in 6.6.2 with commit 19534a7a225f
	Issue introduced in 4.13 with commit 5cc4e5fc293b and fixed in 6.7 with commit dd05484f99d1

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52867
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/evergreen.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/112d4b02d94bf9fa4f1d3376587878400dd74783
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/caaa74541459c4c9e2c10046cf66ad2890483d0f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ddc42881f170f1f518496f5a70447501335fc783
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7b063c93bece827fde237fae1c101bceeee4e896
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/347f025a02b3a5d715a0b471fc3b1439c338ad94
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/341e79f8aec6af6b0061b8171d77b085835c6a58
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d9b4fa249deaae1145d6fc2b64dae718e5c7a855
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/19534a7a225f1bf2da70a9a90d41d0215f8f6b45
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/dd05484f99d16715a88eedfca363828ef9a4c2d4