Subject: CVE-2023-52862: drm/amd/display: Fix null pointer dereference in error message

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/display: Fix null pointer dereference in error message

This patch fixes a null pointer dereference in the error message that is
printed when the Display Core (DC) fails to initialize. The original
message includes the DC version number, which is undefined if the DC is
not initialized.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52862 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.5 with commit 9788d087caff and fixed in 6.5.12 with commit 97ef07182ac4
	Issue introduced in 6.5 with commit 9788d087caff and fixed in 6.6.2 with commit 8b72c5d4a5d2
	Issue introduced in 6.5 with commit 9788d087caff and fixed in 6.7 with commit 0c3601a2fbfb

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52862
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/amdgpu_dm/amdgpu_dm.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/97ef07182ac46b069bb5e7d46cb903a764d67898
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8b72c5d4a5d25e76b16283397c40b8b3c0d70019
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0c3601a2fbfb265ce283651480e30c8e60459112