Subject: CVE-2023-52858: clk: mediatek: clk-mt7629: Add check for mtk_alloc_clk_data

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

clk: mediatek: clk-mt7629: Add check for mtk_alloc_clk_data

Add the check for the return value of mtk_alloc_clk_data() in order to
avoid NULL pointer dereference.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52858 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.0 with commit 3b5e748615e7 and fixed in 5.4.261 with commit e8ae4b49dd9c
	Issue introduced in 5.0 with commit 3b5e748615e7 and fixed in 5.10.201 with commit 4f861b63945e
	Issue introduced in 5.0 with commit 3b5e748615e7 and fixed in 5.15.139 with commit e964d21dc034
	Issue introduced in 5.0 with commit 3b5e748615e7 and fixed in 6.1.63 with commit a836efc21ef0
	Issue introduced in 5.0 with commit 3b5e748615e7 and fixed in 6.5.12 with commit 1d89430fc315
	Issue introduced in 5.0 with commit 3b5e748615e7 and fixed in 6.6.2 with commit 5fbea47eebff
	Issue introduced in 5.0 with commit 3b5e748615e7 and fixed in 6.7 with commit 2befa515c1bb

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52858
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/clk/mediatek/clk-mt7629.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e8ae4b49dd9cfde69d8de8c0c0cd7cf1b004482e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4f861b63945e076f9f003a5fad958174096df1ee
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e964d21dc034b650d719c4ea39564bec72b42f94
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a836efc21ef04608333d6d05753e558ebd1f85d0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1d89430fc3158f872d492f1b88d07262f48290c0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5fbea47eebff5daeca7d918c99289bcd3ae4dc8d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2befa515c1bb6cdd33c262b909d93d1973a219aa