Subject: CVE-2023-52857: drm/mediatek: Fix coverity issue with unintentional integer overflow

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/mediatek: Fix coverity issue with unintentional integer overflow

1. Instead of multiplying 2 variable of different types. Change to
assign a value of one variable and then multiply the other variable.

2. Add a int variable for multiplier calculation instead of calculating
different types multiplier with dma_addr_t variable directly.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52857 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit 1a64a7aff8da and fixed in 6.5.12 with commit 0d8a1df39d3f
	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit 1a64a7aff8da and fixed in 6.6.2 with commit 96312a251d4d
	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit 1a64a7aff8da and fixed in 6.7 with commit b0b0d811eac6
	Issue introduced in 5.13.12 with commit 73e81f7219aa

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52857
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/mediatek/mtk_drm_gem.c
	drivers/gpu/drm/mediatek/mtk_drm_plane.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0d8a1df39d3fc34560e2cc663b5c340d06a25396
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/96312a251d4dcee5d36e32edba3002bfde0ddd9c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b0b0d811eac6b4c52cb9ad632fa6384cf48869e7