Subject: CVE-2023-52852: f2fs: compress: fix to avoid use-after-free on dic

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

f2fs: compress: fix to avoid use-after-free on dic

Call trace:
 __memcpy+0x128/0x250
 f2fs_read_multi_pages+0x940/0xf7c
 f2fs_mpage_readpages+0x5a8/0x624
 f2fs_readahead+0x5c/0x110
 page_cache_ra_unbounded+0x1b8/0x590
 do_sync_mmap_readahead+0x1dc/0x2e4
 filemap_fault+0x254/0xa8c
 f2fs_filemap_fault+0x2c/0x104
 __do_fault+0x7c/0x238
 do_handle_mm_fault+0x11bc/0x2d14
 do_mem_abort+0x3a8/0x1004
 el0_da+0x3c/0xa0
 el0t_64_sync_handler+0xc4/0xec
 el0t_64_sync+0x1b4/0x1b8

In f2fs_read_multi_pages(), once f2fs_decompress_cluster() was called if
we hit cached page in compress_inode's cache, dic may be released, it needs
break the loop rather than continuing it, in order to avoid accessing
invalid dic pointer.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52852 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit 6ce19aff0b8c and fixed in 5.15.139 with commit 8c4504cc0c64
	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit 6ce19aff0b8c and fixed in 6.1.63 with commit 9375ea7f2690
	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit 6ce19aff0b8c and fixed in 6.5.12 with commit 932ddb5c29e8
	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit 6ce19aff0b8c and fixed in 6.6.2 with commit 9d065aa52b6e
	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit 6ce19aff0b8c and fixed in 6.7 with commit b0327c84e91a
	Issue introduced in 5.13.19 with commit a23706426da9

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52852
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/f2fs/data.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8c4504cc0c64862740a6acb301e0cfa59580dbc5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9375ea7f269093d7c884857ae1f47633a91f429c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/932ddb5c29e884cc6fac20417ece72ba4a35c401
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9d065aa52b6ee1b06f9c4eca881c9b4425a12ba2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b0327c84e91a0f4f0abced8cb83ec86a7083f086