Subject: CVE-2023-52827: wifi: ath12k: fix possible out-of-bound read in ath12k_htt_pull_ppdu_stats()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

wifi: ath12k: fix possible out-of-bound read in ath12k_htt_pull_ppdu_stats()

len is extracted from HTT message and could be an unexpected value in
case errors happen, so add validation before using to avoid possible
out-of-bound read in the following message iteration and parsing.

The same issue also applies to ppdu_info->ppdu_stats.common.num_users,
so validate it before using too.

These are found during code review.

Compile test only.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52827 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.5.13 with commit 79527c21a3ce
	Fixed in 6.6.3 with commit c9e44111da22
	Fixed in 6.7 with commit 1bc44a505a22

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52827
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath12k/dp_rx.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/79527c21a3ce04cffc35ea54f74ee087e532be57
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c9e44111da221246efb2e623ae1be40a5cf6542c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1bc44a505a229bb1dd4957e11aa594edeea3690e