Subject: CVE-2023-52816: drm/amdkfd: Fix shift out-of-bounds issue

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amdkfd: Fix shift out-of-bounds issue

[  567.613292] shift exponent 255 is too large for 64-bit type 'long unsigned int'
[  567.614498] CPU: 5 PID: 238 Comm: kworker/5:1 Tainted: G           OE      6.2.0-34-generic #34~22.04.1-Ubuntu
[  567.614502] Hardware name: AMD Splinter/Splinter-RPL, BIOS WS43927N_871 09/25/2023
[  567.614504] Workqueue: events send_exception_work_handler [amdgpu]
[  567.614748] Call Trace:
[  567.614750]  <TASK>
[  567.614753]  dump_stack_lvl+0x48/0x70
[  567.614761]  dump_stack+0x10/0x20
[  567.614763]  __ubsan_handle_shift_out_of_bounds+0x156/0x310
[  567.614769]  ? srso_alias_return_thunk+0x5/0x7f
[  567.614773]  ? update_sd_lb_stats.constprop.0+0xf2/0x3c0
[  567.614780]  svm_range_split_by_granularity.cold+0x2b/0x34 [amdgpu]
[  567.615047]  ? srso_alias_return_thunk+0x5/0x7f
[  567.615052]  svm_migrate_to_ram+0x185/0x4d0 [amdgpu]
[  567.615286]  do_swap_page+0x7b6/0xa30
[  567.615291]  ? srso_alias_return_thunk+0x5/0x7f
[  567.615294]  ? __free_pages+0x119/0x130
[  567.615299]  handle_pte_fault+0x227/0x280
[  567.615303]  __handle_mm_fault+0x3c0/0x720
[  567.615311]  handle_mm_fault+0x119/0x330
[  567.615314]  ? lock_mm_and_find_vma+0x44/0x250
[  567.615318]  do_user_addr_fault+0x1a9/0x640
[  567.615323]  exc_page_fault+0x81/0x1b0
[  567.615328]  asm_exc_page_fault+0x27/0x30
[  567.615332] RIP: 0010:__get_user_8+0x1c/0x30

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52816 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.15.140 with commit 3f7a400d5e80
	Fixed in 6.1.64 with commit 2806f8803792
	Fixed in 6.5.13 with commit d33a35b13cbf
	Fixed in 6.6.3 with commit 56649c43d40c
	Fixed in 6.7 with commit 282c1d793076

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52816
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdkfd/kfd_svm.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3f7a400d5e80f99581e3e8a9843e1f6118bf454f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2806f880379232e789957c2078d612669eb7a69c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d33a35b13cbfec3238043f196fa87a6384f9d087
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/56649c43d40ce0147465a2d5756d300e87f9ee1c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/282c1d793076c2edac6c3db51b7e8ed2b41d60a5