Subject: CVE-2023-52798: wifi: ath11k: fix dfs radar event locking

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

wifi: ath11k: fix dfs radar event locking

The ath11k active pdevs are protected by RCU but the DFS radar event
handling code calling ath11k_mac_get_ar_by_pdev_id() was not marked as a
read-side critical section.

Mark the code in question as an RCU read-side critical section to avoid
any potential use-after-free issues.

Compile tested only.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52798 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.6 with commit d5c65159f289 and fixed in 5.10.202 with commit f882f5190551
	Issue introduced in 5.6 with commit d5c65159f289 and fixed in 5.15.140 with commit 426e718ce9ba
	Issue introduced in 5.6 with commit d5c65159f289 and fixed in 6.1.64 with commit ca420ac4f945
	Issue introduced in 5.6 with commit d5c65159f289 and fixed in 6.5.13 with commit 1fd878e17501
	Issue introduced in 5.6 with commit d5c65159f289 and fixed in 6.6.3 with commit 21ebb0aba580
	Issue introduced in 5.6 with commit d5c65159f289 and fixed in 6.7 with commit 3b6c14833165

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52798
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath11k/wmi.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f882f51905517575c9f793a3dff567af90ef9a10
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/426e718ce9ba60013364a54233feee309356cb82
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ca420ac4f9451f22347bae44b18ab47ba2c267ec
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1fd878e1750190a612b5de2af357cca422ec0822
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/21ebb0aba580d347e12f01ce5f6e75044427b3d5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3b6c14833165f689cc5928574ebafe52bbce5f1e