Subject: CVE-2023-52785: scsi: ufs: core: Fix racing issue between ufshcd_mcq_abort() and ISR

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

scsi: ufs: core: Fix racing issue between ufshcd_mcq_abort() and ISR

If command timeout happens and cq complete IRQ is raised at the same time,
ufshcd_mcq_abort clears lprb->cmd and a NULL pointer deref happens in the
ISR. Error log:

ufshcd_abort: Device abort task at tag 18
Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address
0000000000000108
pc : [0xffffffe27ef867ac] scsi_dma_unmap+0xc/0x44
lr : [0xffffffe27f1b898c] ufshcd_release_scsi_cmd+0x24/0x114

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52785 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.5 with commit f1304d442077 and fixed in 6.5.13 with commit 8f15a7e3c054
	Issue introduced in 6.5 with commit f1304d442077 and fixed in 6.6.3 with commit f84d461f33a6
	Issue introduced in 6.5 with commit f1304d442077 and fixed in 6.7 with commit 27900d7119c4

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52785
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/ufs/core/ufs-mcq.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8f15a7e3c054d960bbd1521110700450bbf798a1
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f84d461f33a6b27304d468d9cfb56c0cefdb4ee7
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/27900d7119c464b43cd9eac69c85884d17bae240