Subject: CVE-2023-52783: net: wangxun: fix kernel panic due to null pointer

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

net: wangxun: fix kernel panic due to null pointer

When the device uses a custom subsystem vendor ID, the function
wx_sw_init() returns before the memory of 'wx->mac_table' is allocated.
The null pointer will causes the kernel panic.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52783 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit 79625f45ca73 and fixed in 6.6.4 with commit 61a550716539
	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit 79625f45ca73 and fixed in 6.7 with commit 8ba2c459668c

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52783
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/wangxun/libwx/wx_hw.c
	drivers/net/ethernet/wangxun/ngbe/ngbe_main.c
	drivers/net/ethernet/wangxun/txgbe/txgbe_main.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/61a55071653974dab172d4c5d699bb365cfd13c9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8ba2c459668cfe2aaacc5ebcd35b4b9ef8643013