Subject: CVE-2023-52778: mptcp: deal with large GSO size

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

mptcp: deal with large GSO size

After the blamed commit below, the TCP sockets (and the MPTCP subflows)
can build egress packets larger than 64K. That exceeds the maximum DSS
data size, the length being misrepresent on the wire and the stream being
corrupted, as later observed on the receiver:

  WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 9696 at net/mptcp/protocol.c:705 __mptcp_move_skbs_from_subflow+0x2604/0x26e0
  CPU: 0 PID: 9696 Comm: syz-executor.7 Not tainted 6.6.0-rc5-gcd8bdf563d46 #45
  Hardware name: QEMU Standard PC (i440FX + PIIX, 1996), BIOS 1.11.0-2.el7 04/01/2014
  netlink: 8 bytes leftover after parsing attributes in process `syz-executor.4'.
  RIP: 0010:__mptcp_move_skbs_from_subflow+0x2604/0x26e0 net/mptcp/protocol.c:705
  RSP: 0018:ffffc90000006e80 EFLAGS: 00010246
  RAX: ffffffff83e9f674 RBX: ffff88802f45d870 RCX: ffff888102ad0000
  netlink: 8 bytes leftover after parsing attributes in process `syz-executor.4'.
  RDX: 0000000080000303 RSI: 0000000000013908 RDI: 0000000000003908
  RBP: ffffc90000007110 R08: ffffffff83e9e078 R09: 1ffff1100e548c8a
  R10: dffffc0000000000 R11: ffffed100e548c8b R12: 0000000000013908
  R13: dffffc0000000000 R14: 0000000000003908 R15: 000000000031cf29
  FS:  00007f239c47e700(0000) GS:ffff88811b200000(0000) knlGS:0000000000000000
  CS:  0010 DS: 0000 ES: 0000 CR0: 0000000080050033
  CR2: 00007f239c45cd78 CR3: 000000006a66c006 CR4: 0000000000770ef0
  DR0: 0000000000000000 DR1: 0000000000000000 DR2: 0000000000000000
  DR3: 0000000000000000 DR6: 00000000fffe0ff0 DR7: 0000000000000600
  PKRU: 55555554
  Call Trace:
   <IRQ>
   mptcp_data_ready+0x263/0xac0 net/mptcp/protocol.c:819
   subflow_data_ready+0x268/0x6d0 net/mptcp/subflow.c:1409
   tcp_data_queue+0x21a1/0x7a60 net/ipv4/tcp_input.c:5151
   tcp_rcv_established+0x950/0x1d90 net/ipv4/tcp_input.c:6098
   tcp_v6_do_rcv+0x554/0x12f0 net/ipv6/tcp_ipv6.c:1483
   tcp_v6_rcv+0x2e26/0x3810 net/ipv6/tcp_ipv6.c:1749
   ip6_protocol_deliver_rcu+0xd6b/0x1ae0 net/ipv6/ip6_input.c:438
   ip6_input+0x1c5/0x470 net/ipv6/ip6_input.c:483
   ipv6_rcv+0xef/0x2c0 include/linux/netfilter.h:304
   __netif_receive_skb+0x1ea/0x6a0 net/core/dev.c:5532
   process_backlog+0x353/0x660 net/core/dev.c:5974
   __napi_poll+0xc6/0x5a0 net/core/dev.c:6536
   net_rx_action+0x6a0/0xfd0 net/core/dev.c:6603
   __do_softirq+0x184/0x524 kernel/softirq.c:553
   do_softirq+0xdd/0x130 kernel/softirq.c:454

Address the issue explicitly bounding the maximum GSO size to what MPTCP
actually allows.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52778 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.19 with commit 7c4e983c4f3c and fixed in 6.1.64 with commit 70ff9b65a728
	Issue introduced in 5.19 with commit 7c4e983c4f3c and fixed in 6.5.13 with commit 342b528c0e84
	Issue introduced in 5.19 with commit 7c4e983c4f3c and fixed in 6.6.3 with commit 57ced2eb7734
	Issue introduced in 5.19 with commit 7c4e983c4f3c and fixed in 6.7 with commit 9fce92f050f4

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52778
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/mptcp/protocol.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/70ff9b65a72885b3a2dfde6709da1f19b85fa696
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/342b528c0e849bed9def76dadaa470d3af678e94
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/57ced2eb77343a91d28f4a73675b05fe7b555def
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9fce92f050f448a0d1ddd9083ef967d9930f1e52