Subject: CVE-2023-52777: wifi: ath11k: fix gtk offload status event locking

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

wifi: ath11k: fix gtk offload status event locking

The ath11k active pdevs are protected by RCU but the gtk offload status
event handling code calling ath11k_mac_get_arvif_by_vdev_id() was not
marked as a read-side critical section.

Mark the code in question as an RCU read-side critical section to avoid
any potential use-after-free issues.

Compile tested only.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52777 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.19 with commit a16d9b50cfba and fixed in 6.1.64 with commit 0cf7577b6b31
	Issue introduced in 5.19 with commit a16d9b50cfba and fixed in 6.5.13 with commit cf9c7d783a2b
	Issue introduced in 5.19 with commit a16d9b50cfba and fixed in 6.6.3 with commit e83246ecd3b1
	Issue introduced in 5.19 with commit a16d9b50cfba and fixed in 6.7 with commit 1dea3c0720a1

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52777
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath11k/wmi.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0cf7577b6b3153b4b49deea9719fe43f96469c6d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/cf9c7d783a2bf9305df4ef5b93d9063a52e18fca
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e83246ecd3b193f8d91fce778e8a5ba747fc7d8a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1dea3c0720a146bd7193969f2847ccfed5be2221