Subject: CVE-2023-52776: wifi: ath12k: fix dfs-radar and temperature event locking

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

wifi: ath12k: fix dfs-radar and temperature event locking

The ath12k active pdevs are protected by RCU but the DFS-radar and
temperature event handling code calling ath12k_mac_get_ar_by_pdev_id()
was not marked as a read-side critical section.

Mark the code in question as RCU read-side critical sections to avoid
any potential use-after-free issues.

Note that the temperature event handler looks like a place holder
currently but would still trigger an RCU lockdep splat.

Compile tested only.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52776 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit d889913205cf and fixed in 6.5.13 with commit 774de37c147f
	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit d889913205cf and fixed in 6.6.3 with commit d7a5f7f76568
	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit d889913205cf and fixed in 6.7 with commit 69bd216e0493

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52776
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath12k/wmi.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/774de37c147fea81f2c2e4be5082304f4f71d535
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d7a5f7f76568e48869916d769e28b9f3ca70c78e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/69bd216e049349886405b1c87a55dce3d35d1ba7