Subject: CVE-2023-52769: wifi: ath12k: fix htt mlo-offset event locking

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

wifi: ath12k: fix htt mlo-offset event locking

The ath12k active pdevs are protected by RCU but the htt mlo-offset
event handling code calling ath12k_mac_get_ar_by_pdev_id() was not
marked as a read-side critical section.

Mark the code in question as an RCU read-side critical section to avoid
any potential use-after-free issues.

Compile tested only.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52769 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit d889913205cf and fixed in 6.5.13 with commit d908ca431e20
	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit d889913205cf and fixed in 6.6.3 with commit afd3425bd696
	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit d889913205cf and fixed in 6.7 with commit 6afc57ea315e

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52769
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath12k/dp_rx.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d908ca431e20b0e4bfc5d911d1744910ed779bdb
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/afd3425bd69610f318403084fe491e24a1357fb9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6afc57ea315e0f660b1f870a681737bb7b71faef