Subject: CVE-2023-52768: wifi: wilc1000: use vmm_table as array in wilc struct

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

wifi: wilc1000: use vmm_table as array in wilc struct

Enabling KASAN and running some iperf tests raises some memory issues with
vmm_table:

BUG: KASAN: slab-out-of-bounds in wilc_wlan_handle_txq+0x6ac/0xdb4
Write of size 4 at addr c3a61540 by task wlan0-tx/95

KASAN detects that we are writing data beyond range allocated to vmm_table.
There is indeed a mismatch between the size passed to allocator in
wilc_wlan_init, and the range of possible indexes used later: allocation
size is missing a multiplication by sizeof(u32)

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52768 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.15.68 with commit 32dd0b22a5ba and fixed in 5.15.140 with commit 541b3757fd44
	Issue introduced in 6.0 with commit 40b717bfcefa and fixed in 6.1.64 with commit 4b0d6ddb6466
	Issue introduced in 6.0 with commit 40b717bfcefa and fixed in 6.5.13 with commit 6aaf7cd8bdfe
	Issue introduced in 6.0 with commit 40b717bfcefa and fixed in 6.6.3 with commit 3ce1c2c3999b
	Issue introduced in 6.0 with commit 40b717bfcefa and fixed in 6.7 with commit 05ac1a198a63
	Issue introduced in 5.19.9 with commit 5212d958f651

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52768
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/wireless/microchip/wilc1000/wlan.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/541b3757fd443a68ed8d25968eae511a8275e7c8
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4b0d6ddb6466d10df878a7787f175a0e4adc3e27
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6aaf7cd8bdfe245d3c9a8b48fe70c2011965948e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3ce1c2c3999b232258f7aabab311d47dda75605c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/05ac1a198a63ad66bf5ae8b7321407c102d40ef3