Subject: CVE-2023-52766: i3c: mipi-i3c-hci: Fix out of bounds access in hci_dma_irq_handler

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

i3c: mipi-i3c-hci: Fix out of bounds access in hci_dma_irq_handler

Do not loop over ring headers in hci_dma_irq_handler() that are not
allocated and enabled in hci_dma_init(). Otherwise out of bounds access
will occur from rings->headers[i] access when i >= number of allocated
ring headers.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52766 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.15.140 with commit d23ad76f240c
	Fixed in 6.1.64 with commit 8be39f66915b
	Fixed in 6.5.13 with commit 7c2b91b30d74
	Fixed in 6.6.3 with commit 4c86cb2321bd
	Fixed in 6.7 with commit 45a832f989e5

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52766
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/i3c/master/mipi-i3c-hci/dma.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d23ad76f240c0f597b7a9eb79905d246f27d40df
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8be39f66915b40d26ea2c18ba84b5c3d5da6809b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7c2b91b30d74d7c407118ad72502d4ca28af1af6
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4c86cb2321bd9c72d3b945ce7f747961beda8e65
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/45a832f989e520095429589d5b01b0c65da9b574